- The integration transports all employee / vendor expense data from Solo Expenses into Xero. The data that is transported, relates to the business expenses that employees / vendors have incurred on behalf of the business, during their day to day business activities.
- The Set-up (connecting Solo Expenses to Xero) takes a few minutes. Here you “map” in Solo Expenses where the data should go into Xero. This has been explained step by step in the attached video. At a basic level, this data typically relates to “who incurred the expense” and “what the expense was incurred for”.
If you are an existing Xero user or are contemplating to buy Xero, connecting Solo Expenses to Xero is very simple and easy. This is explained step by step in the attached video “How do I connect to Xero?”.
- If you turn off the integration button in Solo Expenses, you will de-link Solo Expenses from Xero. But this is
NOT recommended, because this will result in re-setting to “factory settings” all your configuration settings.
As a result, you will have to go back again and re-connect to Xero and configure the settings from scratch.
That said, even though this is not recommended, re-configuring is only a
- By turning off the integration button in Solo Expenses, you will de-link Solo Expenses from Xero. This will result in cancelling your configuration settings. As a result, you have to again connect to Xero and configure the settings.
- By disconnecting Solo Expenses from inside Xero, your configuration settings will remain intact. Your automatic data exchange and data settings will also stay intact. It simply means that you must go into Solo Expenses and connect to Xero again. Thereafter, select the data that you wish to export to Xero, and click on Export in Solo Expenses, and data will flow to Xero automatically.
- When you disconnect Solo Expenses from inside Xero, your configuration settings will remain intact. It simply means that you must go into Solo Expenses and connect to Xero again. You can continue to export data from Solo Expenses by selecting the data you wish to export, by just clicking on the Export button.
- After you buy the Accounting integration functionality (in Solo Expenses) and enable the Xero sync in Solo Expenses and have completed all the data transfer steps (as explained in the data flow diagram and in the step-by-step video), the data sync has been setup.
- The data transportation occurs when you click on the EXPORT button, after you have selected a date range for the export.
- This integration mechanism gives the user full control, i.e., which data and when to transport it to Xero automatically, without any manual intervention.
- When the data is transported from Solo Expenses to Xero, the export “Debits” the expense type/category and “Credits” the person/vendor who incurred the expense or is owed the money for that expense.
- After the data is transported from Solo Expenses to Xero, you can view the transactions in Xero under “purchase bills”.
- Hence, instead of entering hundreds of transactions manually, line by line, the same data can be exported from Solo Expenses to Xero within seconds, automatically as explained above.